Director of Business Development, Eastern USA
IDDI (International Drug Development Institute), founded in 1991, is a highly recognized biostatistical and eClinical data services provider in the field of clinical research, providing agile clinical trials services for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device/diagnostic companies. Together, we want to achieve one objective: support our clients to accelerate the delivery of their drugs and improve people’s health.
With over 150 talented employees located in our offices in Belgium and in Raleigh, NC, we deliver high-integrity & innovative solutions for clinical trials:
- Study design and statistical consulting services to optimize clinical development strategy
- End-to-end Clinical Data Management services
- Biostatistics services including statistical analysis, meta-analysis, statistical validation of biomarkers, IDMC support, and clinical study reports
- Setup, validation, and management of eClinical tools such as Medidata RAVE and ID‑base EDC systems, and Clario Randomization and Trial Supply Management system
In the last 5 years, IDDI’s reputation and business has increased worldwide, resulting in both revenue and staff doubling. To sustain our growth, we are looking to fill the following position:
Director of Business Development, Eastern USA – REMOTE
- Responsible for the achievement of IDDI sales goals for the assigned territory:
- produce an annual territory sales plan in line with the IDDI’s commercial business objectives
- execute that plan to achieve the annual sales targets
- provide monthly updates on progress to the Senior Director Business Development USA and to the Chief Commercial Officer
- Forecast predicted quarterly and annual sales achievement against the territory strategic plan
- Establish & maintain account relationships and prospect them for new opportunities
- Present IDDI capabilities and services to prospects
- Represent IDDI at various trade shows and industry conferences
- Maintain IDDI’s to reflect prospecting activities accurately
- Provide support as needed related to marketing efforts consistent with the territory strategic plan
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated success in a business-to-business sales role, selling complex services within the life science sector
- At least 3 years of sales experience in a similar role
- Proven Business Development skills and prospecting methods
- Ability to liaise successfully with clients and to close deals
- Organized, self-driven, tenacious, and autonomous
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as needed (Between 25 and 50% of the time)
- University degree in science or business
- Fluent English language skills
You will join an international and multi-cultural company that includes over 25 different nationalities (English is the working language) and where employees are the strongest asset.
At IDDI, we offer job stability and growth opportunities through on‑the‑job training and mentoring programs. Working at IDDI will bring you an expertise that is widely recognized in our industry.
Our customers value our flexibility, responsiveness, and proactive approach.
A unique opportunity to work in a friendly, team-oriented, and stimulating scientific environment. We regularly enjoy company-wide events, such as BBQs, family-day outings, sports, and charity fundraisers – giving the chance to share time together.
We offer a competitive salaryand benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance plans, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance as well as flexibility for a better work-life balance (flexible working hours, home-working opportunities, paid time off). Based on the candidate location, you could also work fully remote.
Interested in this challenging position?
Please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your motivation and relevant professional experience for the position by e‑mail at careersUSA@iddi.com (to the attention of Andrea Golder).