Overcoming the challenges of Collaborative Global Trials to deliver Harmonized SAS SDTM Database
Successful Delivering of Harmonized SAS SDTM Database
A Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind, Phase III clinical trial in women with breast cancer to determine whether the addition of an anti-PD-L1 to chemotherapy improves pathologic complete response and survival.
SITUATION: ONE STUDY, TWO SPONSORS, MULTIPLE SYSTEMS
This collaborative study is run by two cooperative groups, with financial support from a multinational healthcare company. The study protocol was slightly different for each Sponsor.
Due to the collaborative nature of the trial, the study set-up incorporates two electronic data capture (EDC) systems and three different Interactive Response Technology (IRT) systems (two for randomization and one for drug supply).
IDDI is responsible for:
- The randomization list used for the IRT systems
- The Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) SAS programming for each EDC database
- Combining the databases into one final database used for the statistical analyses
- The statistical analysis of the whole trial
- Providing reports for Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC)
- Complex Set-up
- One Single Harmonized SAS SDTM Database
- Consistent Programming
- Quality Control
- Project coordination
- Transfer of Data
IDDI has been working with one of the sponsors for over 10 years’ and so they were confident that we would help them meet these challenges. We provided the client with an enhanced plan to address the study challenges. IDDI teams’ extensive experience, flexibility and scientific background, combined with methodological and operational excellence, allowed to handle the complexity.
- IDDI put in place a comprehensive communication between all stakeholders and ensured expert oversight and responsive project management.
- Ensuring data equivalence within the final SAS database for operational and end-of-study analysis purposes was mission critical to all stakeholders. IDDI harmonized case report forms for both EDC systems and integrated all systems seamlessly.
- IDDI performed two sets of programs quality control on each separate database and one final QC after combining the two databases.
- IDDI built additional safeguards for sFTP data transfers.
PLEASE FILL IN THE FORM TO ACCESS THE CASE STUDY