Webinar: Minimization: A Flexible Randomization Method
May 7, 2020
IDDI Complimentary Webinar on Minimization
- Minimization method including demonstration of some of the advantages of minimization over permuted blocks, discussion of the implementation of the method and challenges related to minimization.
- Simulations that help identify which methods give the best results in terms of the size and power of the test, as well as the precision of the estimation.
- Some challenges that might come from using minimization.
Key Learning Objectives
- Become familiar with the technique of minimization to allocate treatments to patients in clinical trials
- Know when this technique is particularly attractive (trial size, importance of prognostic factors, number of sites)
- Learn about the operational aspects that need to be taken into account when using minimization
- Understand the implications of using minimization on the analysis of a trial (re-randomization tests)
- Be aware of pros and cons of minimization from the statistical, operational and regulatory points of view