IT Support Specialist
IDDI (International Drug Development Institute), founded in 1991, is a highly recognized biostatistical and eClinical data services provider in the field of clinical research. Together, we want to achieve one objective: support our clients to accelerate the delivery of their drugs and improve people’s health.
To support our growth, we are actively looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our Raleigh, NC team.
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
In your role, you will maintain and administer computer systems and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
You will provide end-user support through our ticketing system, as well as internal IT services escalating and resolving issues as necessary.
While you ensure high quality in your daily activities, you also contribute in initiatives to continuously enhance efficiency of IDDI’s network and propose innovative solutions within your area of expertise.
You will be part of a dynamic and experienced team. Your role will support our global IT team and users together with the Senior System and Network Specialist based in Raleigh, NC. To help you thrive in your role and develop further your career, you will receive the necessary trainings, mentoring and coaching from your peers.
- Assist in equipment maintenance and deployment, including the onboarding process by creating new employee profiles, imaging, provisioning, and shipping machines (laptops) for employees and contractors
- Complete repairs and upgrades for computer equipment and peripherals, and/or coordinate repairs with equipment vendors
- Install, configure, test, and implement new server hardware and applications
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary
- Document network design and maintain accurate equipment inventories
- Manage and track help desk calls from start to completion in the helpdesk ticketing system
- Resolve IDDI user issues (e.g., support VPN and onsite laptop connection problems), including assisting the user through problem solving steps, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues
- Manage Audio/Visual (A/V) design and equipment in Raleigh office meeting rooms; collaborate with third party vendors as necessary
- Provide application support for MS Office 365 and support Microsoft Azure cloud and network infrastructure
- Support and administer third party software applications
- Maintain DHCP, Group Policy, DNS & Active Directory
- Develop and monitor server update processes (patch management)
- Implement backup strategies and monitor backup success/failure
- Raise security concerns for computer or information systems and networks
- Coordinate with vendors and IT staff to facilitate purchases
- Participate in special projects as required
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or IT. In addition, the position requires:
- Minimum of 2 years of directly related experience in IT systems and network administration
- Industry experience (pharmaceutical/biotechnology) is a plus
- Experience with firewall, VPN tunnels, remote implementation and troubleshooting
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10/11 desktop and Server (2012R2 and higher) operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10 and MS Office 365 and Exchange, and ability to troubleshoot accordingly
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot computer desktop/laptop hardware, software, and peripherals
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Administration, including IaaS and PaaS is a plus
- Experience with Windows SAS 9.4, SAS Studio, and other Statistical Software administration and environments (e.g., patching, upgrades, installation of hotfixes) is a BIG plus
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control and monitoring of server and network infrastructure
- Ability and self-motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance
- Good user support skills; identify needs and generate solutions with minimal supervision and has a great ‘desk side manner’
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Fluent in English
You will join an international and multi-cultural company that includes over 35 different nationalities (English is the working language) and where employees are the strongest asset.
At IDDI, we offer job stability and growth opportunities through on‑the‑job training and mentoring programs. Working at IDDI will bring you an expertise that is widely recognized in our industry.
IDDI offers a professional work environment (flexibility, responsiveness and proactive approach) highly valued by our customers.
A unique opportunity to work in a friendly, team-oriented, and stimulating environment. We regularly enjoy company-wide events, such as BBQs, family-day outings, sports, and charity fundraisers – giving the chance to share time together.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance plans, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance as well as flexibility for a better work-life balance (flexible working hours, home-working opportunities, paid time off).
Interested in this challenging position?
Please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your motivation and relevant professional experience for the position by e‑mail at careersUSA@iddi.com (to the attention of Andrea Golder).